You can add icons for the most popular social networks to your site header, site footer and sidebar. The icons are linked to your social media profiles, giving your readers access to your latest status updates. In Berry theme, we offer a special custom menu for adding your social media icons.
Set up the social menu
Please follow the strunctions below to create your social menu:
- On your website dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus > Edit Menus.
- Create a new menu. Give it a name, for example, “Social Menu”. Then click on the “Create Menu” button.
- Find “Custom Links” on the left. Enter the link of your social media site, for example, “https://twitter.com/LoftOcean”. And you can also enter some text into “Link Text” field, it’s optional, and you can enter any text here. Just need to give a correct URL. Click “Add to Menu” button.
- Repeat to enter your other social media sites’ links.
- Find “Menu Settings” option > “Theme locations“, check the box before “Social Menu“.
- Click on “Save Menu” button.
You can also manage your social menu in Customizer.
Now your social menu is ready to use.
Open the social icon link in a new tab when click
- When edit your social menu, please click on “Screen Options” button located on the top right corner of the page.
- Then tick the box before “Link Target”.
- When create/edit a menu item, tick the box before “Open link in a new tab”.
- Click on “Save menu” button to save the changes. Done.
Add social icons into site header
Go to Appearance > Customize > Header, find the option Display Social Icons. Check the box to show your social menu in the site header.
Add social icons into site footer bottom
Go to Appearance > Customize > Footer > Footer Bottom, find the option Display Footer Social. Check the box to show your social menu in the site footer bottom area.
Add social icons into sidebar & footer widget areas
Go to Appearance > Widgets, get into Sidebar or one of Footer Columns, click on the button “Add a Widget”, find the custom widget CeraMag Social. Add this widget into the sidebar or footer column. Then you can choose to enter a title for it.
Supported Social Icons
Currently, we support adding icons for the following 28 social networks:
The share icon will show if you enter a link of a social network we haven’t supported yet.