According to Envato Support Policy, item support does not include:
- Generic WordPress questions
- Installation of the item, hosting, server environment, or software.
- Web development skills
- Issues caused by custom code
- Child Theme Problem
- Issues related to 3rd-party plugins
- Any customization work out of the product’s design or functionalities
- Any request that contain abuse or violence
- Any request written in a language other than English. We only provide support in English.
- We don’t provide support beyond Item Support Policy
Generic WordPress questions
To use WordPress to create your website, you should have basic knowledge to use WordPress. The item support only includes support services related to the theme itself, we cannot provide help with generic WordPress questions, for example:
- “How to install WordPress on my server?”
- “How to create a post?”
- “What is a post? What is a page? What’s the differences between them?”
- “How can I setup a menu?”
For these basic knowledge about WordPress, please refer to the following resources:
Installation, hosting, server, software
You’ll need to have a working knowledge of the software platforms and technologies for which items are created, so item support does not include help to install the item on your server or on a CMS. If you’re just starting out or skilling up, try a course or tutorial on Envato Tuts+.
We have include some guides in the theme documentation (theme installation guide and minimum server requirements for running the theme), please check the documentation “Installation“. But we don’t provide support to install the WordPress or the theme on your server.
Hosting, server, software:
If you encounter any problem that related to your hosting, please check your ISP/web hosting provider or other software documentation that you’re trying to use to help solve your issues.
Web development skills
The support service is only about theme itself (for example: how to use the theme’s functionalities). We cannot help users write their own custom code.
It usually takes years to become an experienced developer. If you are interested in web development, be patient and keep learning.
Alternatively, you can hire a developer to do the web development work for you.
Please kindly note: if you have modified the theme’s code and those code breaks the theme or your WordPress site, we cannot provide support for this situation. If you need help, please consider hiring an experienced developer.
Issues caused by custom code
We do not provide any support with the problems caused by the code written by someone else.
- Someone has modified the Fallsky theme’s code and those code breaks the something of the theme or the WordPress site;
- You have added some custom CSS code to change some original design, but cannot achive the results you want;
- Any similar situation as listed above.
We cannot provide support for these situation. If you need help, please refer to WordPress Codex: Developer Resources to learn how to write correct code for WordPress, or consider hiring an experienced developer for your project.
Child Theme Problem
A child theme allows you to change small aspects of your site’s appearance yet still preserve your theme’s look and functionality.
When you download the whole package of Fallsky theme, you will find there is a child theme included in the package. We provide this child theme so that users don’t have to create a child theme from scratch. However, this child theme only contains very basic code. To extend the parent theme, users need to write their own custom code.
If you are new to this topic, and if you don’t know what is the Parent theme and what is the Child theme, please read this article from the official WordPress Codex page first: Child Themes.
Why we don’t provide suppport for problems in the Child Theme:
- The Fallsky theme (parent theme) is developed by us. Therefore, if the problem is caused by our code in the Fallsky theme, then we have the responsibility to fix them.
- However, the code in the child theme is not written by us. If there is any problem occurs in the child theme, it is caused by the custom code written by the buyer himself/herself (or by the developers hired by the buyer). We don’t provide support for the code written by someone else.
How to confirm whether the problem is caused by the parent theme or by the child theme:
1. When there are some problems occuring on your website, please go to your dashboard > Appearance > Themes, and check if the active theme is “Fallsky Child Theme“.
2. Now switch to the Fallsky parent theme. Find the theme called “Fallsky“, hover your mouse over it, and then click on the “Activate” button.
3. Clear your site cache, and also clear your browser cache, refresh your pages and check if the problem still exists. If the problem has been resolved, then the problem is caused by your child theme.
4. Then please ask your developers to check your child theme code to fix the problem.
Issues related to 3rd-party plugins
As we have mentioned, the support service is only about theme itself. If the problem on your website is caused by a third-party plugin (created by another author/developer), then we will not be able to provide support to fix the problem.
However, if it is a compatibility issue, then we can help.
What is a Compatibility Issue:
If the problem only happens between our theme and the third-party plugin (let’s say “ABC Plugin“) – You can try switching the theme to another theme (for example, one of the default themes – Twenty Seventeen), and the problem no longer exists. If switching back to our theme, the problem is back. Then there should be some code conflicts between our theme and this “ABC Plugin”. In this situation, please contact us and also contact the author of the “ABC Plugin” to report this conflicts.
If the problem still exists after switching to another theme, then the problem is in the “ABC Plugin” itselft. Please contact the plugin’s author for further help.
Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.
If you’d like to hire us to do some customization work for your project:
Because we are a small team with limited resources, we are usually very busy developing new products and maintaining existing products. Therefore, most of the time we don’t have time to accept paid item customization job. But so far, we have provided Item Customization services for a small number of customers and have worked very happily together.
If you would like to choose us for your project, please contact us (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the details about your requests. We will check our schedule to see if we have time to work for your project and will provide a preliminary quote.
We don’t provide any support beyond ThemeForest Support Policy
Due to good will, we used to provide some support not included in the support policy, for example:
- Provided customers with tiny customization (those that can be done by adding simple custom CSS code).
- Helped check for custom code and corrected the code errors written by the buyer or by the developer hired by the buyer.
- Answered questions related to how to use WordPress’ basic features.
- And a lot more.
But then we realized that this is unfair to our users and also unfair to our team members. Therefore, now we decide not to provide any support services outside of the Item Support Policy.
- Most of our users understand the support policy and never ask us for help beyond the support policy.
- Some users are very polite. They may not know much about the support policy, so they submitted a request that was not included in the support. Considering that they may not be familiar with the support policies and they need help, we still supported them and explained to them that the questions they asked are actually outside the scope of the support policy. These users would learn about item support policy, appreciated the help we provided, and would not ask for such support later.
- Unfortunately, we also have encountered the opposite situation many times. A few users simply didn’t appreciate our extra help, and they would continue to submit more requests for similar questions/issues. Even if we explained that these requests are not included in the support, they would ignore our explanation and insisted that we must solve their problems.
- If we repeatedly explained and rejected their requests, suggested that they should seek help from other correct resources – a few users would become angry and rude.
When people sell and purchase products on ThemeFoest, we voluntarily follow the policies of ThemeForest by default. As an author, we provide products and services to buyers in accordance with the support policy. As a buyer, you also need to follow the support policy and do not ask the author for services that is not included in the support policy.
Fortunately, the vast majority of our users understand and follow the rules. The communication between the users and our team is very smooth, usually problems can be resolved quickly, and we are happy to serve them.
So why should we spend limited time and effort on the wrong place? When we provide services for those who deliberately fail to follow the rules, it means that the time and effort for us to do the right thing is reduced. And because our good intentions did not get the positive feedback, it increased the pressure on the team members and damaged the morale of us.
Therefore, we decided to strictly adhere to the ThemeForest Item Support Policy and will never provide any help beyond the support policy.
We need to maintain the vitality and enthusiasm of the team so that we can continue to create excellent products, and provide high-quality support services to users who comply with the support policy.
Thansk for stopping by and reading our support policy.
The Loft.Ocean Team